TABATA: Four minute “rounds” of exercise, based on Dr. Izumi Tabata’s timing system. This class incorporates bodyweight resistance, dumbells, kettlebells and more to work your entire body, incorporating cardio intervals and core work. A very efficient total body workout!
KETTLEBELLS: I fell in love with Kettlebells the first time I used them! These highly intense eight minute circuits keep your heart rate high as you train, so you get your cardio and strength training all in one workout! This class creates tremendous “afterburn”—you will feel the effects of the workout all day!
CIRCUIT TRAINING: Cardio and strength stations interspersed to keep your heart rate high, shuffling blood from one area of the body to another to increase challenge and minimize rest. Core work at the end to complement the workout. Push yourself- What you put into this class is definitely what you get out of it!
SPIN: 40 minutes of intense cardio, mixing sprints, climbs and Tabata to build lean muscle in the legs and burn calories! Be prepared to sweat it out!
YOGA/PILATES: Relax, unwind, and turn on the right side of your brain. Let go of the stress of your day, focus on your breathing and lengthening the muscles in your body to increase flexibility. Find your inner zen!
METCON: “Metabolic Conditioning” at its best! 10 exercise Circuits, alternating strength and cardio for 30 seconds each and only 10 seconds to move to the next exercise, so your heart rate stays elevated the whole time! This workout will scorch calories and work your whole body!
HIIT: “High Intensity Interval Training”: with the intent of creating the much desired “afterburn”! 8 exercise “rounds”: 45 seconds of work with 15 seconds rest- a great fat burning workout- you will feel powerful (and exhausted) after this workout!
NEW FALL/17! THE MATRIX!!! I created this workout by accident as a variation on circuit training, and fell in love with it! It consists of a three (move) by three (rounds) by three (circuits) Matrix of Upper Body/Lower Body and Cardio intervals. High intensity and minimal recovery time make this a challenging total body workout, although I can provide alternatives as necessary for any moves! This workout will be sure to keep your heart rate high, and sweat dripping on the floor (it did for me!)!
NEW SPRING/18! COMPLEX & HIIT!!! Several “rounds” of a total body strength complex will boost metabolism and build muscle to enhance your physique, in a minimal amount of time! Follow this up with two rounds of all out HIIT cardio stations to leave your body in a sweaty state of afterburn! Core work at the end is the perfect trifecta!
(Effective March/1, subject to change):
45 minute classes: $12 Pay as You Go, $90 for a 10 pack of classes, and $160 for a 20 pack
1 hour classes: $15 Pay as You Go, $110 for a 10 pack, and $200 for a 20 pack
PERSONAL TRAINING AT THE STUDIO:
One Hour = $65
5 One Hour Sessions= $300 ($60/session)
10 One Hour Sessions= $550 ($55/session)
- Cardio is like hitting the jackpot in Vegas: do a lot of it, reduce calories and you will lose weight in the short term, as long as you continue to do it. Building muscle is like depositing in a long term investment account: it will build and grow and boost metabolism FOREVER!
- The more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns every day! A pound of fat burns approximately 2 calories per day, a pound of muscle burns closer to 50 calories per day. Muscle is METABOLICALLY ACTIVE.
- Muscle changes the shape of your body: it is denser and more compact than fat.
- To achieve fat loss: INTENSITY TRUMPS DURATION: keep the workout short and push yourself for the time you have available!
- Work for “afterburn” through intervals and intensity: the much desired EPOC: Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption: this means your body continues to burn calories at an accelerated rate for hours after the workout. Isn’t this what we all want?
- Long, steady state cardio DOES NOT create “afterburn”: you will burn calories only while you are doing the cardio, and your metabolism will return to normal shortly thereafter. In fact, long bouts of cardio will release cortisol (the stress hormone responsible for increasing belly fat). The body perceives the long cardio session as a stress on the body.